Fort Fairfield Blockhouse Museum
The Blockhouse museum is a 1976 replica of the original structure located on the banks of the Aroostook River which served to prevent transport of lumber into Canada during “the Bloodless Aroostook War” of 1839.
The Blockhouse is filled with artifacts from early Fort Fairfield History including agricultural items, antiques, photographs and documents.
The Frontier Heritage Historical Society maintains the blockhouse and the historical artifacts displayed within it and welcomes the public to tour the blockhouse museum from 10am to 1pm on the second Saturday of each month. The historical society also maintains the McIntosh School (one-room schoolhouse), Fort Fairfield Railroad Museum (at C.P. Park) and the historic Friends Church.