The Fort Fairfield Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to business, while caring for community. As a Chamber member you are at the forefront in community economic development and can provide input, through you Chamber membership, to help shape our community's "personality". A united effort is required to make the entire community prosper.
Business Benefits When We All Work Together!
Why Join the Fort Fairfield Chamber of Commerce?
Here are 15 Good Reasons to Take Part in 2015!
1. It’s FREE! Membership in the Fort Fairfield Chamber of Commerce is free for any business owner or resident of Fort Fairfield for the 2015 calendar year.
2. Grow Your Business. Research shows that consumers are more likely to conduct business with a company that is a member of a Chamber of Commerce.*
3. Stay Informed. The Chamber works to stay on top of changing trends and important issues that impact businesses, providing you with valuable information that can save you time and money.
4. Add Credibility. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you're identified as a member of the Chamber of Commerce.
5. Increase Your Visibility. As a member of the Chamber of Commerce, you are listed in the Chamber Business Directory and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You can also grow your business by advertising with the Chamber sponsoring events.
6. Acquire Customer Referrals. Every day your local Chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for information, and typically recommends other Chamber members.
7. Create Networking Opportunities. Chambers have numerous committees - serving on one provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development.
8. Gain a Voice in Government. The local Chamber takes on issues affecting businesses and generally opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids your business in being treated fairly.
9. Make Business Contacts. The Chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The Chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and opportunities for networking by connecting local professionals.
10. Chamber Events and Programs. Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors and generate new business leads.
11. Promotion and Publicity. More exposure means more business. With a Chamber membership you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity. The Chamber will also promote your grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony and assist with public relations efforts.
12. Access to Members Only Discounts and Services. While this isdifferent from Chamber to Chamber, efforts are underway to make your membership benefits more valuable. One example is the community coupon book that has been developed by the Chambers in Central Aroostook. For a minimal cost, businesses were invited to provide discounts and coupons for customers. The coupon books help raise funds to support the work of the Chamber while providing valuable advertising and enticements to help attract new customers.
13. Professional Development. The Chamber hosts numerous events throughout the year designed to help your business be successful. In 2015, we will be hosting speakers and workshops, starting with a seminar designed to help your business use social media to attract new customers and engage your customer base. Have a topic you’d like explored? Please contact the Chamber and we’ll see what we can do for you!
14. Invest in a Healthy Local Economy and Build a Better Workforce. Investing in the Chamber helps Aroostook County promote quality growth that adds new businesses and customers for your business. The Chamber actively works with local schools, colleges and universities to provide local business owners with skilled, qualified employees.
15. The Only Thing Missing is YOU! The Fort Fairfield Chamber of Commerce is not a one-stop solution.You may not see immediate results from simply joining your local Chamber, which is normal, but the long-term benefits of being an active member, of working together with other business owners in our community, of engaging in training and educational opportunities, and of partnering with other business and community leader can and will make a difference, for you, your business and for our hometown. Please consider playing an active role in your local Chamber of Commerce today!
*(According to a research study by the Schapiro Group Inc. and Market Street Services, when consumers know that a small business is a member of their local Chamber of Commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.)
Please contact the Fort Fairfield Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director Tim Goff at (207)472-3802 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.