Fort Fairfield Police Department
Police and Communities Together
1. In an effort to curtail underage drinking among adolescent youth in the town of Fort Fairfield, the police department will conduct random patrol checks of property if requested by a parent or guardian. The service is offered to any parent or guardian who will be away from their residence for an extended period of time with a child between the ages of 15-19 remaining at the home. An extended period of time is defined as being out-of-town overnight or longer.
2. A parent or guardian must specifically request the service. An application form is available at the police department. The form requires the following information:
• The dates for which the service is requested.
• Street address and description of the residence to be checked.
• Cellular phone or pager number of the parent/guardian requesting the service.
• The name of the person or persons who are authorized to be at the residence and their
• Description, including plate numbers of any vehicles authorized to be at the
• Preferably, two names and telephone numbers of a responsible adult who is
authorized by the parent to respond to and enter the residence in the event a problem.
These people should each have a key to the residence.
• Authorization by the parent for the police to investigate activity at the residence
whenever reasonable cause exists to believe underage drinking is occurring.
• Any additional information the police need to be aware of.
• Signature of the person requesting the service.
3. Should the police investigate or respond to a complaint of underage drinking at the residence, a reasonable attempt will be made to contact the parent or guardian.
4. Decisions relating to the prosecution of any criminal or juvenile offenses will be left to the discretion of the police department.
5. The parent or guardian reserves the right to cancel the request at any time.
Fort Fairfield Peace of Mind Property Check Program
Are you planning a vacation? Would you enjoy the trip more if you knew police officers are checking your home? In a continued effort to better serve Fort Fairfield's more than 3500 residents, the Police Department has established an online form with a link on FortFairfield.org.
This is the program commonly known as House Watch where an officer will stop by to check your residence or business, either visually as they drive by or else physically by walking around the perimeter and checking doors and windows. To begin this service, fill out and submit our on-line form. As calls for service allow, the on duty officer will check your home. Should the need arise, we will have the information available to contact you or another responsible party.
About the program:
- Property checks are offered to Fort Fairfield residents free of charge
- As calls allow, Fort Fairfield Police Officers will perform a thorough inspection of your property while you are away.
- House check includes:
- A perimeter check
- Physical and/or visual check of all doors and windows
- Verification of vehicles left on the property
- Verification of any people found on the property
- Should the need arise; we will have the information available to contact you or another responsible party.
- Only portions of the residential property with direct access will be checked by Officers
The property Check service is NOT:
- For business property
- For use by owners of rental property
- For homes that are currently listed with a realtor
- A guarantee that the property is safe or that it will not be burglarized
- A guarantee that the property will be checked
- A substitute for an alarm system
- Property checks will not be done on properties in which someone is staying at the residence.
- You will need to make arrangements to have the driveway plowed of snow during the winter months so that officers have access to the property.
- You will be responsible for contacting the Fort Fairfield Police Department upon your return.
Read about the ASAP PaCT Program
Our newest resident was found on the Boundaryline Road Tuesday night. It's a tan male pitbull that's not fixed. It's wearing a black collar that says "Bad to the Bone." If you would like to own him or if he looks familiar and might be yours or you know the owner, please call the Fort Fairfield Police Department, 472-3808.
Click on the form for the 2017 Maine Potato Blossom Festival Event
Please fill your form and mail it to:
or FAX 207-472-3810
Parade Registration Form
Shine up your ride, decorate a truck or tractor, or rally your friends, co-workers or family members
to make a float and join us for one of the largest parades in all of northern New England!
Parade date Saturday July 15 (Line-up at 11am Parade starts at 1pm)
Mashed Potato Wrestling Registration Form
The pickin' gloves come off and this no-holds barred throwdown begins at 6pm Friday July 14 in the Food Court!
Arts and Crafts Registration Form
Join dozens of local artisans selling their beautiful works of art or browse through the displays to find the perfect piece on the lawn near the bandstand on Main Street Saturday July 15 from 8am to 5pm and Sunday July 16 from 10am to 5pm.
Yard Sale Registration Form
It's only $5 to get yourself on the map for the annual Town-Wide Yard Sale!
Saturday July 8 & Sunday July 9
Vendor Registration Form
Have a passion for food and a mobile kitchen? Come satiate our hungry crowds in the Festival Food Court!
Not a culinary whiz, but have something to sell? Vendors of all kinds are welcome to reserve a space on Main Street and take advantage of the thousands of folks who attend the Festival! Have a creative idea, but you aren't certain how you can participate? Contact Festival Director Tim Goff at 207-472-3802. Vendor spaces and Food Court open Thursday July 13 - Sunday July 16.
Non-Profit Vendor Registration Form
Non-profit organizations are invited to participate in the Maine Potato Blossom Festival. If you are interested in setting up an informational booth or raffling off an item, the vendor space along Main Street is the place to be Thursday July 13 - Sunday July 16!
Maine Potato Blossom Festival Event Form
While the Maine Potato Blossom Festival boasts more than 100 family-friendly events, there is always room for more fun during our nine-day-long celebration! Fill out an Event Form and add your event to our line-up!
The Maine Potato Blossom Festival relies on the generosity of sponsors to offer our variety of events. In turn, the Festival has numerous sponsorship opportunities that provide tremendous exposure near and far! Please contact Festival Director Tim Goff for more information.
Booklet Advertising Form
The Maine Potato Blossom Festival Commemorative Booklet is another opportunity to support the Festival while reaching our audience of thousands of Festival attendees.
Looking for something, but can't seem to find it? Contact the Fort Fairfield Town Office at 207-472-3800 and we'll help you get here from there!